Millions of people in the U.S. have lung disease. If all types of lung disease are lumped together, it is the number three killer in the United States. Understand what you can do to keep your respiratory system healthy with natural health alternatives.
At its simplest level, the respiratory system, for all its complexity, really has just two primary functions. First, it is an exchange system that swaps out carbon dioxide, the byproduct of metabolism, for oxygen. In addition, it is instrumental in maintaining the acid/alkaline pH balance in your body through the bicarbonate buffer system. This is a simple concept to understand vis-à-vis the respiratory system once you realize that when carbon dioxide dissolves in water, it can react with that water to produce carbonic acid, which acidifies the blood. This means that eliminating carbon dioxide in the blood reduces acid levels both in the blood and in the body tissue served by that blood.
Understanding what we’re trying to do when breathing is more important than it might first seem. With understanding comes the first awareness of what we can do to improve those functions. When you breathe, your lungs take in oxygen from the air and deliver it to the bloodstream. The cells in your body need oxygen to work and grow. During a normal day, you breathe nearly 25,000 times. People with lung disease have difficulty breathing. Millions of people in the U.S. have lung disease. If all types of lung disease are lumped together, it is the number three killer in the United States.
Understand what you can do to keep your respiratory system healthy with natural health alternatives as shared below:
Enjoy Jon Barron’s health newsletter series covering the entire Respiratory System:
- Anatomy of the Respiratory System – Newsletter
- Diseases of the Respiratory System – Newsletter
- Physiology of the Respiratory System – Newsletter
Supportive lung health topics:
- Inescapable Toxins – Newsletter
- Why Antibiotics and Antivirals Fail – Newsletter
- The Asthma Epidemic – Blog
- Tasting What You Breathe – Blog
- Air Pollution Leads to Blood Clots – Blog
- Toxic Incense – Blog
- Government Denies Pesticide Spraying Caused Illness – Blog
- Deadly Vinyl Shower Curtains – Blog
- Living Near Green Good for Health – Blog