DAY 3 EMAIL
Congratulations! You've crossed the "hump" day in this process. There are only two days left. Some of you may be breezing through it, and some of you have had your challenges.
Here are a few tips that may help:
- Remember to drink plenty of water and tea.
- If you drink lots of tea, simply add water and herbs to the pot throughout the day. (Note: if the tea gets too strong, you can empty the pot and start anew with a fresh batch.) I prefer to keep my pot on a slow simmer so I always have hot tea when I am ready.
- Again, if you're feeling off, try an enema. Cleaning out the waste dumped in your colon from your liver can make all the difference in how you feel.
- If some of you are experiencing diarrhea, you may want to take less of the colon corrective. However, keep taking the psyllium husks.
- If you have energy, try to go for a walk. Get some exercise to help the toxins move out of your body.
- Take a sauna if you have access to one, but remember to drink lots of water and juice. This also can help to flush toxins.
It's probably worth doing a little heads up on how to "break" the fast – which you will be doing about three to four hours after your final "morning drink."
When waking up a slumbering digestive system, the desire to eat may be intense. The flavors and textures of food can be enhanced by your super-clean nasal passages. Eating may seem like a brand new experience.
It is vital that you exercise a little self-control and come off the fast correctly. To put it in the simplest terms, your body will suck up whatever you give it after a fast. If you eat junk, your body will suck it up and pretty much wipe out many of the benefits that you've just accumulated. If you eat too much too soon, you'll significantly stress your liver, which again pretty much nullifies what you've just accomplished.
Here are the guidelines so can pick up what you need in order to prepare ahead.
- Eat small amounts of raw organic fruits and vegetables the first two days after the detox. Your body will continue to detoxify and cleanse during this period. Any toxins that have accumulated in your body will tend to be swept out by the action of the soft fibers of the fruits and vegetables. This will allow your digestive system a chance to gently wake up. Eat slowly and chew your food well.
- On the 2nd day after the detox, incorporate lightly steamed vegetables.
- On the 3rd day after the detox, you can eat "normally." However, an interesting phenomenon often occurs after a fast. You may find your craving for junk food significantly reduced. Use the opportunity (after eight days of not eating junk) to keep junk out of your diet – for as long as you can hold out.
- And one final note. Continue to juice through the week after the detox. In fact, you would be well advised to continue to include fresh juice in your regular meal routine for the rest of your life. It's probably the single best thing you can do for your long-term health.
Baseline of Health® Foundation