I’m writing this newsletter the day before I head off to London for a working vacation, and you’ll be reading it the day after New Years Eve while saying goodbye to the last of your holiday parties; so we both have good reason to keep it short and entertaining.
With that in mind, I’d like to call your attention to a fascinating study in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B; Biological Sciences that was recently released. It is both very amusing and has an underlying point of great importance.
The study reported that researchers at Syracuse University have found there really may be a direct relationship between the male brain and his private parts. They found evidence that males can create plenty of sperm or lots of brain cells, but not both. As a result, it seems, in bats at least, that large testicles go hand in hand with tiny brains.
In the case of brains and testes, these are metabolically expensive organs that energetically trade-off against one another, say the researchers. They concluded that the investment in either testes or brains probably constrains investment in the other. They also noted that similar patterns have been found in primates.
Okay, now that all of our female readers have had a good laugh and are looking for the nearest man so they can say, “I told you so,” what’s the important point?
Cause and Effect
Quite simply, it’s that the law of Cause and Effect, or Conservation of Energy, or What Goes Around Comes Around (whatever name you want to give it) as it applies to the human body.
There are no free passes in nature.
- Apply constant stress to your body with no compensating relaxation, and your body will break.
- Eat nutrient dead foods without balancing supplements, and you will experience a steady decline in youth and vitality.
- Load your body with toxins in the air you breathe, water you drink, and food you eat without periodically cleansing, and catastrophic illness will result.
- Or as the researchers at Syracuse say, “Grow big testes, and you will have a smaller brain.”
Although you may be able to put off payment for awhile, at some point your body will exact payment. The longer you put it off, the bigger the payment will be.
What Does It Mean to You?
For one thing, that’s why some 250 of us from all over the world are starting a group liver detox in 2 days. To cleanse out some of the garbage we have put in our bodies over the last 6 weeks, to break some of the bad eating habits we have acquired over the last year, and to lose those couple of extra pounds we may have gained.
For those of you not doing the detox, you might consider instituting one of my favorite programs — doing a juice and green food fast (you can use chlorella or my Private Reserve formula if you like) for one day a week. Monday is a great day since it breaks any weekend indulgences in which you may have partaken. The beauty of the one-day a week fast is:
- It’s easy. Anyone can do one day a week
- If you stick with it, it adds up to HUGE dividends. Think about it. If you hold to it, in 7 years, you have just completed an entire year of fasting. Think about what that would mean to your health and weight.
In a hurry?
And for those of you looking to pay off that health debt ASAP by losing that 5-7 lbs you put on over the holidays in a hurry, here’s a quick and effective program I designed a couple of years ago. It’s a quick-loss regimen that runs for just two weeks. Average weight loss is 6.5 pounds and 4% body fat — with no lowering of metabolism. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, here’s the program.
- Morning: 20 ounce glass of 50% fresh Orange Juice, 25% organic aloe vera juice, 25% filtered or distilled water. With nuts (5 almonds and 4 walnut halves).
- Midday: Tablespoon of flax oil along with a tablespoon of organic cottage cheese. Or 2 tablespoons flax seeds ground up and mixed with 1 cup diluted juice.
- 4:30: Large (20 oz shake blended thoroughly).
- 2 scoops Accelerator™ (or 1 scoop Accelerator™ AND 1 scoop Private Reserve (both available from www.baselinenutritionals.com)
- 1/2 banana
- handful frozen organic strawberries or raspberries or half raspberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup pineapple coconut juice
- 1 cup water
- 6:00: One tbs psyllium powder in diluted juice.
- 8:00: one apple, which will actually be quite filling
- As needed, throughout the day, Warp Speed.
Obviously, you can substitute juices and fruit in the above menu as desired — within reason. Keep in mind, berries work well because they are low glycemic fruits.
- Do this Monday and Tuesday.
- Eat normally on Wednesday (good proteins and vegetables — avoiding refined grains, sugars, and starches). You never want to go more than two days in a row on a low calorie program in order to keep your metabolic rate up (more than 2 days in a row of low calorie and your metabolism begins to drop). The midweek meal also works as a reward.
- Repeat shake days on Thursday and Friday.
- Repeat Wednesday’s sensible meals on Saturday and Sunday.
- You’ll lose weight rapidly on this program — and feel really good in the process.
As we’ve already said, there are no free rides, but the above program will make paying your health debt (at least the weight part) a lot easier — though pay it you must. Again, keep in mind this is a short term program for 2-3 weeks at a time. For more intensive weight-loss, you will have to go on a slower, more balanced, and more sustainable program.
And with that, I wish you a joyous New Year filled with Health and Happiness, and we’ll see you in two weeks.