Lyme Disease is caused by the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi. This bacteria is particularly hard to kill, and the use of antibiotics, in most cases, only temporarily suppresses it — allowing it to resurface with even greater intensity down the road. When dealing with Lyme, the key is twofold:
- Attack the bacteria directly.
- Optimize your immune system so that it can hold the bacteria in check.
The Baseline of Health® Program is designed to do both of these things and is highly recommended when dealing with Lyme, but that said, a general program that can be helpful would include:
For 30 Days
- Olive leaf extract (but make sure you use one that’s 20% oleuropein) kills bacteria and has long been a staple of natural treatments for Lyme disease.
- A 2018 study found garlic oil particularly effective in inhibiting the bacterium associated iwith Lyme disease.1 Jie Feng, Wanliang Shi, Judith Miklossy, et al. “Identification of Essential Oils with Strong Activity against Stationary Phase Borrelia burgdorferi.” Antibiotics 2018, 7(4), 89. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/7/4/89/htm
- Note: both concentrated olive leaf extract and garlic oil, along with several other antibacterial agents can be found in my antipathogenic formula. Some people have reported great success using this formula with Lyme disease. Others no. Since no one has reported exactly how they used the formula, it’s tough to evaluate. The protocol for using this formula aggressively involves using a bottle a day for the first 2 days and then 10 droppers a day for the next 2 weeks. I don’t know how many of the people who said that the formula did not help with their Lyme disease actually used that protocol, so the verdict is still out.
- Colloidal silver kills bacteria. Note: I am not normally a fan of colloidal silver, but as reported in the Townsend Letter, it may well help when dealing with Lyme disease.2 Nooshin K. Darvish, “Silver Nanoparticles as a Novel Approach to the Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease and Associated Diseases.” Townsend Letter. July 2016. https://www.townsendletter.com/July2016/silver0716.html You can use the colloidal silver for 30-60 days to kill the bacteria. Then you should stop and rebuild your intestinal flora with a good probiotic. For those who decide to use colloidal silver, I would recommend Silver Sol solution
- Systemic proteolytic enzymes at detox level doses can actually “digest” the bacteria in the blood. Note: only use proteolytic enzymes at detox levels under the guidance of a natural health professional.
- Immune system boosters such as Echinacea and Acemannan.
- Note: I used to recommend grapefruit seed extract, but no longer. The primary reason is that it has become increasingly difficult to find “certified” food grade extract. In truth, the difference between industrial grade and food grade is not much – but it’s enough so that I no longer feel comfortable recommending it for internal use..
After 30 Days
- Stop the colloidal silver to rebuild your intestinal flora.
- Probiotics will be needed to rebuild the intestinal bacteria.
- You can continue to use an olive leaf extract/garlic formula, but reduce to maintenance levels. This will help continue to attack the bacteria, but without harming the intestinal flora.
- Continue with the immune builders.
- Continue with proteolytics at detox levels for 90 days, then take down to maintenance levels.
On another note, some success has been claimed for intravenous vitamin C treatments with Lyme disease. You might want to explore that on the net.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Jie Feng, Wanliang Shi, Judith Miklossy, et al. “Identification of Essential Oils with Strong Activity against Stationary Phase Borrelia burgdorferi.” Antibiotics 2018, 7(4), 89. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/7/4/89/htm|
|2.||↑||Nooshin K. Darvish, “Silver Nanoparticles as a Novel Approach to the Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease and Associated Diseases.” Townsend Letter. July 2016. https://www.townsendletter.com/July2016/silver0716.html|