Lyme Disease, Bacteria Borrelia Burgdorferi
Lyme Disease is caused by the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi. This bacteria is particularly hard to kill, and the use of antibiotics, in most cases, only temporarily suppresses it -- allowing it to resurface with even greater intensity down the road. When dealing with Lyme, the key is twofold:
- Attack the bacteria directly.
- Optimize your immune system so that it can hold the bacteria in check.
The Baseline of Health® Program is designed to do both of these things and is highly recommended when dealing with Lyme, but that said, a general program that can be helpful would include:
For 30 Days
- Olive leaf extract, but make sure you use one that's 20% oleuropein kills bacteria.
- Grapefruit seed extract kills bacteria.
- Colloidal silver kills bacteria. Note: I am not normally a fan of colloidal silver, he has said that it may help with Lyme disease. If you can use the colloidal silver for 30-60 days to kill the bacteria. Then you can rebuild your intestinal flora with a good probiotic.
- Proteolytic enzymes at detox level doses can actually "digest" the bacteria in the blood.
- Immune system boosters such as Echinacea and Acemannan.
After 30 Days
- Stop the olive leaf, grapefruit seed extract, and colloidal silver to rebuild your intestinal flora.
- Probiotics will be needed to rebuild the intestinal bacteria.
- The use of a garlic based formula will help continue to attack the bactera, but without harming the intestinal flora.
- Continue with the immune builders.
- Continue with proteolytics at detox levels for 90 days, then take down to maintenace levels.
As a side note, some people have reported great success using my natural antipathogen formula (which contains a number of the antipathogens listed above) with Lyme disease. Others no. Since no one has reported exactly how they used the formula, it's tough to evaluate. The protocol for using this formula aggressively involves using a bottle a day for the first 2 days and then 10 droppers a day for the next 2 weeks. I don't know how many of the people who said that the formula did not help with their Lyme disease actually used that protocol, so the verdict is still out.
On another note, some success has been claimed for intravenous vitamin C treatements with Lyme disease. You might want to explore that on the net.