Cleaning Out Your Arteries
My husband and I have started the one scoop a day colon detox. We are happy and everything is going fine. The reason I am writing is because my husband has read an article about a pill that can be taken for clearing out plaque from arteries. He has a tendency towards high blood pressure. I do not know how to evaluate the product and was wondering if your products are also doing this chelation for arteries.
I have a list of the ingredients of this pill. (EDTA, Malic Acid, B6, B12, Folic Acid, TMG, C, B3, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Garlic, Quercetin, B5, Magnesium, Gugulipid, Selenium, Bromelain, E, N-Acetyl-Cysteine). If he buys this pill and takes it during the colon detox, would it still "work"?
The pill appears to actually have several purposes, which makes one wonder how well it can do with any of them since there's only so much room in one pill. For example:
- The B6, B12, Folic acid, and TMG are what is known as a methylation formula, designed to reduce homocysteine levels in the blood. However, as your husband will be aware from reading Chapter 9 of Lessons from the Miracle Doctors, under the subheading "Other Antioxidants," to be effective that requires 50 mg or B6, 500 mcg of B12, 800 mcg of folic acid, and 500 mg of TMG. (If he hasn't already read the book, he can download a free copy at /detox/book-free-lessons-miracle-doctors.)
- Alpha lipoic acid requires around 100 mg for effect and N-acetyl-cysteine in the neighborhood of 225 mg.
- Garlic is a blood optimizer, but requires about 600 mg a day.
- And malic acid, which is a heavy metal chelator along with EDTA, requires 1,500-2,000 mg a day to work.
- That's already a fairly large pill and we haven't covered all of the ingredients such as magnesium, bromelain, or the EDTA itself, which all need to be accounted for in amounts of several hundred mgs each.
The pill may work wonderfully, but from the description of ingredients you sent, it certainly looks like someone assembled it by looking in a book for everything that might be beneficial to the cardiovascular system and throwing them all together in one pill -- with many of the ingredients at "pixie dust" levels.
For cleaning out plaque in the arteries, you might want to read the following newsletters:
- A Proteolytic Enzyme Formula
- Clinically Proven Oral Chelation
PS: In answer your specific question: if the pill works at all, it will work while doing the colon detox. It looks like its primary purpose is as a heavy metal detoxifier. If so, it's like my Metal Magic formula, which I recommend using during colon cleansing.