Liver Detox Preparations
This is an important email, so please read to the end to confirm scheduling, last minute supplies, and preparation instructions for the Liver Detox phase.
To start, congratulations on making it to the Liver Detox! Your next main link will be: Phase 3: Liver/Gallbladder/Blood Cleanse. If you have not already done so, you will want to become familiar with the detox schedule, recipes, faq's and organize a shopping list for yourself in advance. You will want to give yourself some time to prepare for this part of the detox because it is more detailed than the prior two phases.
Our last two recorded conference calls with Jon Barron may be reviewed in preparation for this part of the detox. On the first call, Jon will be discussing:
- Why Do a Liver/Blood Cleanse
- What to Expect
- Planning and Preparations
- Dealing with Special Situations
- The Benefits
- How to break the fast
The final call will cover:
- Maintaining the benefits of a detox
If you missed the last couple of calls, please check the main detox program page to listen to the recorded versions.
Daily Liver Detox Schedule:
We have created a detailed Liver Detox Schedule that gives hour by hour instructions. We recommend to print the PDF from the above link to help you organize your diet each day.
Needed Cleansers: Liver detox tea, Liver detox tincture, Blood cleanser, and Colon Corrective
Note: all of the above formulas are available from Baseline Nutritionals®, and all of the instructions in this phase apply specifically to those formulas. If you have other formulas from another company that you prefer, go for it. Just adjust your use of those formulas according to the instructions that come with them.
Needed for Morning Drink:
- Whole organic oranges for juicing for 5 days. Or, organic fresh squeezed orange juice from the market. (Remember, fresh squeezed apple juice or grape juice with all the sediment will work too.)
- 5 lemons
- 1 bottle of extra virgin olive oil (organic if possible)
- 1 big organic ginger root (about 5 inches worth)
- 4 Organic garlic bulbs should provide enough garlic for your morning drinks (15 cloves over 5 days) plus 50 cloves for your potassium broth.
Needed for the Potassium Broth (enough for two people):
- 4 Large organic potatoes
- 4 large organic carrots (with skin)
- 2 sticks organic celery
- 3 whole organic beats sliced, plus greens
- 2 peeled and sliced organic onions
- 50 cloves of garlic (see morning drink)
Needed for Juicing:
- Juicer. Any good juicer will do. If you don't have one, look on the net for the Miracle Juicer, which you can pick up for less than $100. (Note: a good juicer is probably the single best investment you can make in your health.)
- Any combination of all vegetable or all fruit will do. One exception is mixing apple and carrot. Jon usually makes a juice of Apple, Carrot, Celery, and Ginger. (1 large apple, 1 stick celery, ½” piece of ginger, and enough carrots to make 20-24 oz of juice.)
Other supplies available at most health food stores:
- Psyllium husks taken daily will help keep things moving and minimize toxic build up. Jon usually takes a tablespoon of psyllium with 8 oz of water about an hour after his morning olive oil drink and at around 6 pm with his Colon Corrective to keep everything moving. (Note: if you are allergic to psyllium, use oat bran instead. Do NOT use ground flaxseed during the liver flush as it contains a lot of oil.)
- A colon corrective formula taken each evening should help keep things moving in the morning.
- A couple of packets of Sun Chlorella taken daily with your juice will help give you energy, and will also help with the detoxing and elimination. (If you don't have chlorella, you can use virtually any other pure green food such as spirulina, barley grass, green kamut, etc.)
Notes for Diabetics:
If you're diabetic or hypoglycemic, you'll want to make a couple of adjustments.
For your morning drink, you'll want to shift away from the orange or grape juice version to more of a lemon juice drink. It will be much tarter, and you will need to dilute it more than you would the other versions.
For the fresh juice you drink during the day, you will want to tend more to diluted pure vegetable combos (avoiding beet and carrot), and back off from the fruit juice based drinks.
One other thing that you might help is to use Glucotor® v.2 sold by Baseline Nutritionals®, which will minimize the glycemic response.
Baseline of Health® Foundation